TCS World 10k, commences the running season for most runners in India. A good weather and one of the early races in the year, is the best way to benchmark speed and work on marathon paces for the rest of the season. TCS World 10k witnesses a jamboree of runners, and is a "must run" event for most Bengaluru runners. Here are some interesting stats on open category participation over the years.
- Race of 2019 saw the most participation by far with over 12000 finishers.
- There is a sudden drop in participation after 2014. Incidentally Bengaluru marathon started later in October that year. Could that be the reason for drop in 2015? Good news however is that the particpation numbers increased steadily from then on again.
- 2012 and 2018 saw maximum increase in the participation, by 36% from their preceding year.
- The highest number of women participants were in 2018, an increase of 21% from the previous year.
- Women to male ratio has improved over a period of time, 2018 & 2019 are best with reduced gap, a ratio of 1:4