In this episode, we talk about the various aspects of 5K training for beginners and advanced runners. Topics covered in this episode -
- Volume vs Intensity for 5k training
- Muscle build-up and recruitment
- Building aerobic and anaerobic efficiency
- VO2 max and interval training
- Determining paces for your training runs
- Pacing, drafting & other strategies for optimizing race day performance
Guest for this episode is Sameer Joshi. Sameer, is a certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) from National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) of USA, Sameer is certified Nutritionist from Precision Nutrition and is a certified running coach from UESCA.
Sameer, runs his own venture, Pushing Limits-Integrated Fitness Solutions. He is currently mentoring aspiring individuals on their holistic wellbeing journey through his running, fitness, and nutrition programs.
Here are few additional resources for the topics referred to in this podcast.
- Interval training basics that Event Runners needs to know
- Understanding VO2 Max
- Lactate threshold and how Tempo runs help in building speed endurance
We have received your feedback. Thank you for helping us serve you better.
Unfortunately, we have hit the wall. Please try again later.